Ballarat Post Office

Ballarat Post Office

$54.95

Ballarat Post Office

10 in stock

SKU: Bal-0015-Post Office Category:

Description

The Ballarat Post Office is the third such building erected on the site since 1858. The earliest section, designed in Italianate palazzo style by the Public Works Department during William Wardell’s tenure as Inspector-General and Chief Architect, opened in 1864. A telegraph office and treasury was added to the Lydiard street north frontage in 1871, followed by further offices and a clock tower in 1885.

Additional information

Weight 0.5 kg
Dimensions 45 × 45 × 5 cm
Menu